Today at Games Week in Paris, Corsair announced its new Katar gaming mouse, built with a compact and lightweight design and fully programmable features. It is an ambidextrous mouse, which means it should work perfectly fine with both left and right-handed users. Additionally, like most mice these days, this one is being touted as perfect for competitive or professional level eSports gaming.
The Corsair Katar offers a simple but elegant design, with support for up to 8000 DPI, an optical sensor for accuracy and a lightweight 85g built for swifter movements, which can help in twitchy shooter titles.
Pro Player Mode allows gamers to take advantage of pre-configured performance and tuning settings used by the world’s top players, giving them the professional edge without years of practice. For those who want to play their own way, four fully programmable buttons allow you to take control with extensive customization options, for anything from a simple re-map, to applying complex multi-stage macros.
Here is the full feature list for those interested:
- Pro player mode: Get up to speed with preconfigured performance and tuning settings customized by the world’s top players.
- Compact, ultra-light weight design: At just 85 grams, it can help you react more quickly and reduce fatigue.
- 8,000 DPI optical sensor: Extreme accuracy for FPS and MOBA gaming.
- Zero lag interface: 1,000Hz polling rate pushes the limits of the USB protocol.
- Ambidextrous Shape: Optimized textured rubber sides grips for left and right-handed players.
- Four programmable buttons: Take control with extensive customization — anything from simple remaps to complex macros.
- On-the-fly DPI tuning: Instantly adapt your mouse speed to the situation for total command of any environment
- MSRP: £28.99
Discuss on our Facebook page, HERE.
KitGuru Says: The Corsair Katar is a promising looking mouse. Be on the lookout for reviews at some point in the near future.