AOC is introducing its biggest AGON gaming monitor yet this week. The AOC AGON AG493UCX is a 49-inch, 32:9 gaming display, essentially combining two 27″ QHD monitors into one seamless panel.
The AOC AGON AG493UCX features a 5120×1440 super-wide resolution, a 120Hz refresh rate, 1ms MPRT response time, DisplayHDR 400 certification and of course, FreeSync Premium Pro for a tear-free gaming experience. With such a high resolution, there are some other handy features included too, like picture by picture mode and a KVM switch for multiple input sources. There is also USB-C connectivity, so in all, its not just a great gaming monitor on paper, but also decent for productivity too. In picture by picture mode, you’ll be able to have two 16:9 sources side by side.
Extra features of this monitor include:
- A 100 mm height, -3.5/13.5° tilt, -15.5/15.5° swivel adjustable, sturdy stand
- 2x 5W speakers
- 2 HDMI 2.0 and 2 DP 1.4 inputs
- 3-port USB 3.1 hub with USB-C input (video and 65 W power delivery)
- FPS frame counter and Dial Point (crosshair overlay)
- 3 user customisable, in total 6 gaming modes for different genres
- FlickerFree technology and Low Blue light modes
- A new, sleekly designed OSD and software OSD (AOC G-Menu)
The AOC AGON AG493UCX will be available in Europe this month. The MSRP is set at £899.
KitGuru Says: This certainly sounds like a great monitor on paper – it will be interesting to see some reviews once they start shipping. Are any of you currently shopping around for a new monitor? What do you think of the latest from AOC?