As the popularity of ultrawide gaming monitors has continued to grow, so has the number of impressively spec’d displays on the market. This month, Nixeus is adding a new 3440×1440 competitor to its roster, complete with FreeSync, HDR support and a 144Hz refresh rate starting at $499.
Nixeus was one of the first monitor makers to commit to supporting AMD FreeSync at launch back in 2015 and so far, FreeSync has continued to be a key feature in its gaming monitors. That is no different here and while the NX-EDG34S 34″ Ultrawide monitor isn’t listed as supporting FreeSync HDR, or even with VESA HDR certification, one of the company reps has explained that the monitor supports HDR with 400 nits peak brightness and FreeSync at the same time. The monitor is also ‘G-Sync Compatible’, so GeForce GPU users can take advantage of FreeSync capabilities via the Nvidia Control Panel.
Other features include a 1500R curve for the display, two DsplayPort 1.4 inputs for up to 144Hz, two HDMI 2.0 inputs for up to 100Hz and a 3.5mm audio out for external speakers or headphones. The stand offers display tilt but not swivel, although the monitor does support VESA 75x75mm mounting for third-party monitor arms.
Here are the full specifications:
- Screen Size: 34 inches Diagonal Size
- Maximum Resolution: 3440 x 1440
- Curvature: 1500R
- Backlit: LED
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Color Support: 16.7 Million (100% sRGB)
- Brightness: Up to 400 cd/m2, (350cd/m2 Typical)
- Native Contrast Ratio: 3000:1
- Viewing Angles: 178° horizontal/178° vertical
- Refresh Rate: 144Hz (AMD FreeSync™ Range 48Hz to 144Hz) for DisplayPort Only
- Response Time: 1ms (Photon to Render Latency), 4ms (Gray to Gray)
- Pixel Pitch: 0.2325 mm
- Input Port: Two DisplayPort 1.4 (up to 144Hz), Two HDMI 2.0 (up to 100Hz),
- Output Port: 3.5mm Audio Headphone Output Port
- VESA Mounts: 75mm x 75mm with Included VESA Adapter Plate
Discuss on our Facebook page, HERE.
KitGuru Says: Are any of you thinking about making the jump to a high refresh rate ultrawide monitor this year?