Are you a PC gamer that struggles between choosing a mouse and keyboard, or a controller? Then ASUS has certainly got something for you with its new ROG Chakram mouse! This gaming rodent demands attention with aggressive sci-fi looks, an ergonomic design – and to top it off, it has a customisable joystick! Is it worth the £149.99 asking price?
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
- Transparent back aesthetic
- Super ergonomic design (fully moulded for the right hand)
- Tri-mode connectivity (USB – 2.4Ghz wireless – Bluetooth)
- USB-A to USB-C cable included (braided)
- Qi charging support via supported mouse mats
- Quick charge via USB 3.0 (15mins = 12 hours use)
- Up to 79 hours battery life via 2.4GHz (RGB off)
- Pivoted button mechanism for responsiveness
- ASUS Aura lighting control
- 3 RGB zones
- Magnetic screw-less button and shell removal
- Push/pull replaceable OMRON switch sockets
- Replacement OMRON switches & tweezer tool
- Analog joystick & different height replaceable stick
- 100 – 16,000 DPI
- 1000Hz Polling rate
- Dimensions: 132.7 x 76.6 x 42.8 mm
- Weight 121.6g (without cable)
You can purchase the ASUS ROG Chakram, from Overclockers UK for £149.99, HERE!
Discuss on our Facebook page HERE.
- Beautiful attention to detail with aesthetic and design choices.
- RGB is vibrant and shines through transparent shell nicely.
- Super ergonomic and comfortable in all grip styles.
- Minimal rattle.
- Screw-less removal of the shell and buttons.
- Replaceable OMRON switches with spares and tool included.
- Joystick is a pleasure to use and super responsive.
- ASUS Armoury Crate wells well and easy to navigate.
- Plastic side grips, would have liked to see something more tactile.
- Assigning all mouse buttons to use the joystick in games is a little frustrating.
- Price point limits accessibility to prosumers only.
KitGuru says: The Chakram is certainly an impressive mouse and we don’t see the joystick as a gimmick at all because it works extremely well. If you’re into driving games or simulations then the joystick really does come in handy if you program it correctly. It can be a little frustrating setting it up for each game but the pay off is worth it – if you can afford it that is!
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here