Today we’re checking out a new mouse from SteelSeries, but not just any mouse, this mouse has been inspired by the Chameleon lizard to fit in with its environment. SteelSeries claims this mouse can be a single solution for gamers who play multiple game types, such as Battle Royal, FPS, MOBA and RPG games. We’re taking a look at the Rival 5, but is it worth its asking price of £59.99? Let’s find out.
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
- Designed by PixArt & SteelSeries – TrueMove Air sensor with 1-to-1 tracking
- 18,000 DPI
- 400 IPS
- 40G Max acceleration
- 1,000Hz / 1MS Polling rate
- Next-gen Golden Micro IP54 switches
- 80 million click switches
- Right-hand ergonomic shape
- Matte black finish
- On-board memory
- 9 Programmable buttons
- 10-Zone RGB lighting
- 85g Weight
- Width 63.35 x 68.15 front/back dimensions
- Height 28.20 x 42.00mm front/back dimensions
- USB-A 2m super mesh cable
You can purchase the SteelSeries Rival 5, for £59.99 directly from SteelSeries HERE!
Discuss on our Facebook page HERE.
- Brilliant build quality.
- Excellent comfort in claw and fingertip grip.
- Very responsive buttons all round without pre/post travel.
- Great performance from the sensor and primary buttons.
- 9 programmable buttons work well for all game genres.
- No spare mouse feet included.
- Slightly cluttered software design.
- Medium lift off distance could be an issue for those wanting a very low L.O.D..
KitGuru says: We like the way SteelSeries thought about how to wrap the cable without leading to harsh kinks, and the overall design and aesthetics are great. Build quality is spot on and all 9 buttons are snappy and responsive. As a one-size fits all mouse aimed at being a jack of all trades for all games rather than a master of one, we're impressed by how well this mouse performed across the board.
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here