In 2007 the original Roccat Kone mouse was released as Roccats’s first ever product. 10 years later we take a look at the Roccat Kone AIMO which features the AIMO intelligent lighting system, 12000dpi owl-eye optical sensor and tri-button thumb zone. The Roccat Kone is available in 3 different colours – black, grey and white – but is it worth the £69.99 asking price?
Watch via our VIMEO Channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
We tested the Roccat Kone AIMO alongside the Roccat Kanga mousemat which is available for £7.99 and the Roccat Taito XXL desk sized mousemat which available for £24.99.
Roccat Kone AIMO Specifications:
- ROCCAT® Owl-Eye optical sensor with 12000dpi
- ROCCAT® 50 Million lifecycle switches
- 1000Hz polling rate
- 1ms response time
- 50G acceleration
- 250ips maximum speed
- Mouse acceleration: no
- Angle snapping: on/off
- Adjustable lift-off distance
- 512kB onboard memory
- Weight: 130g
- 1.8m braided USB cable
- Roccat AIMO mouse
- Quick installation guide
- Disposal information
- Roccat stickers x 3
- Roccat Owl-eye optical sensor is excellent.
- Very attractive with unique RGB lighting.
- Good build quality and braided cable.
- Ergonomic shape makes it very comfortable.
- Swarm connect app doesn’t work.
- Very big and heavy mouse which won’t suit everyone.
- Lack of thumb grips which means the paint may show wear and tear over time.
Roccat Taito XXL mousemat specifications:
- Width: 900mm
- Height: 330mm
- Thickness: 3mm
Roccat Kanga mousemat specifications:
- Width: 320mm
- Height: 270mm
- Thickness: 2mm
- The Roccat Kone can be found on Overclockers UK for £69.95 here.
- The Roccat Kanga can be found here.
- The Roccat Taito XXL can be found here.
Kitguru says: The Roccat Kanga & Taito XXL mousemats both performed well but the Roccat Kone AIMO is the star of the show. We think it is a beautiful mouse with excellent performance. The large size and weight won’t be for everyone but we think it is well worth the investment.