In 2007 the original Roccat Kone mouse was released as Roccats's first ever product. 10 years later we take a look at the Roccat Kone AIMO which features the AIMO intelligent lighting system, 12000dpi owl-eye optical sensor and tri-button thumb zone. The Roccat Kone is available in 3 different colours – black, grey and white – but is it worth the £69.99 asking price?
Watch via our VIMEO Channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
We tested the Roccat Kone AIMO alongside the Roccat Kanga mousemat which is available for £7.99 and the Roccat Taito XXL desk sized mousemat which available for £24.99.
Roccat Kone AIMO Specifications:
- ROCCAT® Owl-Eye optical sensor with 12000dpi
- ROCCAT® 50 Million lifecycle switches
- 1000Hz polling rate
- 1ms response time
- 50G acceleration
- 250ips maximum speed
- Mouse acceleration: no
- Angle snapping: on/off
- Adjustable lift-off distance
- 512kB onboard memory
- Weight: 130g
- 1.8m braided USB cable
- Roccat AIMO mouse
- Quick installation guide
- Disposal information
- Roccat stickers x 3
- Roccat Owl-eye optical sensor is excellent.
- Very attractive with unique RGB lighting.
- Good build quality and braided cable.
- Ergonomic shape makes it very comfortable.
- Swarm connect app doesn't work.
- Very big and heavy mouse which won't suit everyone.
- Lack of thumb grips which means the paint may show wear and tear over time.
Roccat Taito XXL mousemat specifications:
- Width: 900mm
- Height: 330mm
- Thickness: 3mm
Roccat Kanga mousemat specifications:
- Width: 320mm
- Height: 270mm
- Thickness: 2mm
- The Roccat Kone can be found on Overclockers UK for £69.95 here.
- The Roccat Kanga can be found here.
- The Roccat Taito XXL can be found here.
Kitguru says: The Roccat Kanga & Taito XXL mousemats both performed well but the Roccat Kone AIMO is the star of the show. We think it is a beautiful mouse with excellent performance. The large size and weight won't be for everyone but we think it is well worth the investment.
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here