Today we’re checking out MSI’s latest mouse offering, the Clutch GM41. Weighing in at 65g with a PixArt PMW 3389 sensor, symmetrical shape and MSI’s new ‘FriXionFree’ cable, let’s find out how this £49.99 mouse stacks up against the competition.
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
- PixArt PMW-3389 Optical Sensor
- Dimensions: 130.1 x 67 x 38.3 mm
- Weight: 65g (without cable)
- OMRON primary switches
- 60 Million clicks
- Huano blue side button switches
- 400 IPS
- Up to 16,000 DPI
- 1000Hz / 1ms – polling rate / response time
- Non-detachable 2m braided cable
- USB-A gold plated
You can pre-order the MSI GM41, from Overclockers UK, for £49.99 HERE!
Discuss on our Facebook page HERE.
- Very little pre & post travel on primary and side buttons.
- Side grips add grip and are comfortable as well as aids the aesthetics.
- Large glide pads make using the mouse very smooth.
- PixArt PMW 3389 is responsive and accurate.
- On the fly functions via DPI button & scroll wheel (RGB effects, speed etc.).
- Lift off distance settings can be adjusted.
- No sharp edges or rattle either.
- Software is easy to use.
- Cable is very stiff and heavier than expected – can cause resistance.
- Mouse wheel resistance is low, caused overshooting when scrolling in certain games.
- Small hands will find it hard to reach side buttons properly.
- Side buttons engage when mouse is squeezed.
- Fair amount of flex on the base when squeezed.
KitGuru says: Despite a few issues we still think MSI’s GM41 is good value for money with good performance and specifications. It doesn’t jump out from the crowd of affordable lightweight mice that are currently on offer, but with a larger Razer Viper-esque design it’s worth considering for those with larger hands.