Back in 2008, NZXT released the Avatar gaming mouse featuring an ambidextrous design. As with all of NZXT’s PC accessories, ‘Avatar’ was designed to provide gamers with an advantage over their competitors. Move forward to summer of 2011 and NZXT has released the Avatar S, the successor to the original Avatar Gaming mouse.
The NZXT Avatar S features on-the-fly hardware DPI switching, by holding the left side button and scrolling up or down. The DPI includes three level (1600, 800, and 400) settings reflected by the LED indicator colors; blue, purple, and red respectively.
The drivers do not need to be installed in order for this function to work properly.
- Precision and Flexibility: 1600 DPI laser sensor with 1600/800/400 DPI settings out of the box.
- Tracking speed of 30 inches per second and acceleration up to 20G.
- Hardware DPI switch allows for driver-less DPI switch while in game without the hassle of drivers.
- 16Kb Onboard Memory stores 1 profile of macros, dpi settings, and LED settings for gaming on-the-go.
- Narrow and medium size ideal for users that prefer a thinner and lower profile form.
- Ambidextrous design ideal for both left and right handed users.
- LED on/off settings.
- Teflon feet for effortless gliding on any surface.
- 5 Key programmable mouse.
- Immense customizability: Ability to modify default DPI settings individually, setup in-game macros, media keys, and X-Y sensitivity options.
- Polling rate of 1000Hz.