Today we are going to take a look at the Buffalo AirStation N600 wireless router which is positioned as an affordable dual-band wireless router. This means it operates on both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequencies … ideal for those who want to connect multiple devices which consume a lot of bandwidth without running into issues.
Buffalo are well known for producing a wide range of networking equipment and they offer more affordable alternatives to competitors such as Synology. We have reviewed a number of Buffalo products in the past and have been pretty impressed with what they have to offer.
The AirStation N600 operates on the ‘N’ wireless band and is able to funnel 300 Mbps through both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequencies respectively. This should make it well suited to those who are heavy online gamers or those who stream a lot of bandwidth-heavy content over the wireless network as the traffic can be split between the bands, providing you have compatible devices.
- Dual Band 11n – combined speeds up to 600 Mbps
- Ideal for high speed media streaming
- Mobile friendly setup and device connection for smartphone and tablet users
- Configure as an access point or wireless bridge
- Step-by-step setup wizard for easy configuration