Network devices are a fairly common addition in most households. As the numbers of devices requiring internet, such as Phones, Tablets, Laptops, Games Consoles, Smart TV's etc expands, we are all looking for more ways to improve our wireless coverage or to get an internet connection to the other side of the house.
The easiest solution tends to be to improve the wireless coverage and signal by adding in a wireless router acting as a repeater, not only giving more range, but giving another set of physical network ports. However, it's not a particularly cheap solution, and is more often than not quite difficult to set-up.
Powerline Adapters have been around for years, but are starting to offer impressive connection speeds. They are a device that simply plugs into the mains-circuit and transmits data through an everyday home-electric circuit. In the case of the ICY BOX IB-PL510D they are effectively plug & play and should allow you to have a network set-up in literally seconds.
- Gigabit-Connection (RJ45)
- Up to 500 Mbit/s bandwidth*
- LAN: 10/100 Base-TX, IEEE802.3 az
- AES 128 bit encryption
- Ready for use without software-installation (Plug & Play)
- Energy Efficient: < 1 watt in standby mode
- Compatible to all popular 200/500 Mbit/s adapters
- Very small dimensions
* The indicated transfer rate is a maximum value and the achievable data transfer rate will be lower and is among others dependent on the structural environment of the building.