The KitGuru review of the A.C. Ryan PLAYON! media devices was a popular read and today AC Ryan are pleased to announce a new official firmware release for both the Playon! and Playon! HD Mini.
This is based on the latest Realtek SDK (v3.x) and AC Ryan inform us that their engineers have been hard at work keeping the support class leading.
Playon!HD – more information over here
Playon!HD Mini – more information over here
So, what are the many benefits of the latest firmware release?
- New main menu GUI (Graphical User Interface)
- Improved new loading animation
- Improved new SHOUTcast API2.0 (Internet Radio)
- Added function to display rich content movie cover art image and plays the video instantly
- Added Movie Jukebox function (YAMJ – Yet Another Movie Jukebox)
- Added support for HFS+ file system
- Dolby TrueHD downmix and Passthrough (Licensed for C+ board)
- Dolby Digital Plus downmix (Licensed for C+ board)
- Added loading of screen saver at home menu level
- Added HTTP and FTP server function
- BT/SAMBA are now individual selections