We've seen a number of true 7.1 headsets over the years, including ASUS ROG's own Centurion model, and today we are following that up with a look at the latest 7.1 headset on the market – the ASUS ROG Theta 7.1. Sporting 4 drivers per earcup, and a price of £250, is this a headset you should be buying?
Watch via our Vimeo Channel (Below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
- Connection types: USB Type-C , USB-C to USB-A cable included
- Speaker driver dimension: Front: 40mm, Center: 30mm, Rear: 30mm, Side: 30mm Subwoofer: Virtual Bass (40mm/30mm/30mm/30mm) Driver material
- Impedance: 32 ohms Frequency response 20Hz–40kHz
- Ear-cup: Fast-cooling fabric mesh with glasses friendly design
- Weight: 590g (with cable)
- Cable Braided cable: 1.2M + 1M
- Lighting effect: Static/Breathing/Rainbow/Music
- Microphone Type: Analog Noise-cancelation AI-Noise
- Cancelation Pick-up pattern: Uni-directional
- Frequency response: 100Hz–12kHz Sensitivity -40 ± 3dB
- Audio Chip: DAC ROG SupremeFX S1220A
- Amplifier: ESS 9601 Hi-Fi grade headphone amplifier
You can purchase the ROG Theta 7.1, for £249.99, HERE!
Discuss on our Facebook page HERE.
- Interchangeable cushions.
- Simple but good looking design.
- RGB logos on the cups.
- Airtight cushions.
- ASUS Hyper grounding technology.
- AI powered noise cancelling.
- 7.1 surround is useful for playing things like Call of Duty.
- No buzz or distortion during testing.
- Plastic scratches easily.
- No swivel on cups.
- Chunky wires and heavy inflexible intersection.
- Not a very flexible headset in terms of positioning on the head.
- Quite heavy on the head.
- Some features such as AiMic can be found in cheaper ASUS headsets.
- Very flat audio profile won't be for everyone.
- Mic is not very clear and does tend to distort.
KitGuru says: If you really want 7.1 surround sound – perhaps you're a competitive gamer – then the Theta 7.1 is worth considering. However, considering the high price and listed cons, this headset won't be for everyone.
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here