Today we are going to be taking you through Corsair’s first gaming headset that features haptic bass, the HS60 Haptic. Can having a physical rumble system in your headset help add to the immersion, or is it plain distracting? With a RRP of £119.99, this certainly isn’t a cheap piece of kit, and we are expecting some amazing bass that is going to blow us away as, well as a well balanced sound profile for gaming and other media. Let’s jump in.
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
- Audio Driver: Custom 50mm Neodymium
- Frequency Response: 20HZ – 20kHZ
- Impedance: 32 Ohms @ 1Khz
- Sensitivity: 111db (± 3 dB)
- Tactile Frequency Response: 15Hz – 85 kHz (± 3 dB)
- Tactile Rise Time : 0.008 sec
- Tactile Fall Time : 0.085 sec
- Mic Type : Unidirectional noise cancelling
- Mic Impedance: 2.0k Ohms
- Mic Frequency Response: 100Hz – 10kHz
- Mic Sensitivity: -40 dB (± 3 dB)
- Dimensions: 161mm(L) x 99mm(W) x 207mm(H)
- Weight: 420g
- Warranty: 2 years
We don’t yet have a buy link for the HS60 Haptic, but we have been told the UK MSRP is £119.99.
Discuss on our Facebook page HERE.
- Quality of the materials used.
- Detailing (stitching and patterns grills).
- Great build quality.
- Concealed wiring.
- Good on-ear controls.
- Non-kink cable.
- Phenomenal and unique experience.
- Hugely increases immersion.
- Great sound in general and not just a gimmick.
- Camo design won’t appeal to everyone.
- No LED indicator for the mic and hard to find button.
- Tiny rubber microphone port bung could go missing.
- Paint feels like it could chip over time.
- A little wobbly in terms of up and down motions.
KitGuru says: This headset is a great all-rounder and the design and build quality is excellent. The haptic feedback won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but with so many levels of control you are sure to find a comfortable level at least. The HS60 Haptic headset is worth the price tag and we think the haptic feedback isn’t just a gimmick, but a great way to add to the immersion while gaming or watching a film.