Today we are reviewing not one, but two audio peripherals. First up is the EPOS | SENNHEISER GSP 602 headset, based on the highly successful Game Zero headset, which has an RRP of £199. We also look at the GSX 300 soundcard which is priced at £69. The GSP 602 is a wired-only headset that uses a 3.5mm jack, so it is “plug & play” with most devices, whereas the GSX 300 soundcard uses USB and only works with PC due to software requirements. Let's see how they hold up against our testing.
GSP 602 Headset Specifications:
- Transducer principle Dynamic, closed
- Cable length: 2.5 m PC cable / 1.5 m Console cable
- Connector plugs 2 x 3.5 mm (3-pole connectors)
- 1 x 3.5 mm (4-pole connectors)
- Compatibility: PC, Mac OSX, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and consoles with 3.5 mm jack input
- Warranty: 2 years, international
- Headphones Frequency response: 10–30,000 Hz
- Impedance: 28 Ω
- Sound pressure level: 112 dB SPL @ 1 kHz, 1V RMS
- Microphone Frequency response: 10–18,000 Hz
- Pick-up pattern: Unidirectional
- Sensitivity: -47 dBV/PA
You can purchase the GSP 602 directly from EPOS for £199.00 HERE!
- Interesting aesthetic.
- Good quality padding in the headband and earcups.
- Great sound quality.
- Well isolated.
- Quite large and heavy design.
- Aux cable length is pretty short.
- Have to push really hard to insert cable.
- Microphone quality compromised without the soundcard.
- Lots of flex and too much plastic.
- Doesn’t work with software without soundcard.
GSX 300 Soundcard Specifications:
- USB standard : USB 2.0 full speed
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.1%
- Cable length: 1200 mm
- Connector plugs 3.5 mm headset socket
- 3.5 mm microphone socket
- 3.5 mm loudspeaker socket mini-USB socket
- Compatibility PC
- Warranty 2 years, international
- Supported sample rates Main Audio 24 bit 48 khz (locked to 16 bit 48kHz with gaming suite installed)
- Audio outputs: Headphones
- Recommended headphone impedance 50 Ω
You can purchase the GSX 300 directly from EPOS for £69.00 HERE!
- Reduces potential electromagnetic interference.
- Helps if your sound card is old or very basic.
- Good software.
- Really improves sound of microphone
- Easy to use with simple controls.
- Extra money if purchasing headset as well.
- Short lead.
- Micro-USB not USB-C.
Discuss on our Facebook page HERE.
KitGuru says: The GSP 602 and GSX 300 are certainly capable but we do find them on the pricey side. Especially because many headsets now come with integrated soundcards, having to purchase a separate one alongside the GSP 602 makes this combination rather expensive.
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here