Over the last couple of years, peripheral manufacturers have been placing more and more emphasis on the budget market segment. In 2017, Corsair released its excellent £50 HS50 headset, and more recently Razer also hopped on board with its £50 Kraken X. Today we are looking at a similarly-priced headset from ASUS, the TUF Gaming H3. Designed to be a sturdy, no-nonsense peripheral that works across a range of devices, just how good is it?
Like most other budget-focused gaming headsets, the ASUS TUF Gaming H3 uses a standard 3.5mm jack. Unlike a USB headset, which will have its own built-in DAC, the upside is that the H3 can be used on pretty much everything – PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox, Switch and so on. On top of that, the H3 sports a unidirectional boom mic, 50mm ASUS Essence drivers and even virtual 7.1 surround-sound support thanks to Windows Sonic. With a UK MSRP of £49.99, is this worth buying?
- Platform: PC, MAC, Mobile device, PlayStation® 4 ,Xbox 360®, Nintendo Switch
- Connector: 3.5 mm(1/8”) connector Audio/mic combo
- Driver diameter: 50 mm
- Impedance: 32 Ohm
- Frequency Response (headphones): 20 ~ 20000 Hz
- Microphone Pick-up Pattern: Uni-directional
- Microphone Frequency Response: 50 ~ 10000 Hz
- Microphone boom sensitivity: -40 dB
- Cable: 1.3m headset cable+1.3m splitter cable
- Weight: 294 g
- Accessories: Quick start guide, 3.5mm audio/mic splitter cable
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here