Turtle Beach are one of the biggest names in the gaming audio industry and their products are favoured by gamers across the globe. We recently looked at one of their PC headsets – the Z6A, which was very impressive indeed. Going on past experiences we were very happy to receive their latest Xbox 360 headset to test.
Today we are going to look at the Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 gaming headset which is designed specifically for Xbox 360 gamers. It boasts an impressive specification which includes 50mm drivers and an in-line amplifier. It can also be used with PC which makes it ideal for those who game on both platforms.
- 50mm diameter speakers with neodymium magnets
- Speaker frequency response: 20Hz – 20 kHz, >120dB SPL @ 1 kHz
- Condenser Microphone Frequency Response: 50 Hz – 15 kHz
- Cable Length: 16 ft. (4.87m)
- Weight: 6.4 oz (233 g)
- Headphone Amplifier: Stereo DC-coupled, 34mW/ch, THD <1%, Frequency Response: DC -30 kHz
- Bass Boost: Variable up to +12 dB @ 150 Hz
- Mic mute switch
- Maximum analog input level with volume control on maximum setting: 2 Vpp (700mV rms)
- 3.5mm plug for line input
- 3.5mm plug for mic output
- 3.5mm Xbox 360 controller input jack
- USB connector for power (5V DC @ <60 mA max)