It has been a great year for Thermaltake, they have been releasing a wealth of competitive and high performing products within many enthusiast sectors. Their Frio and Contac29 coolers have met with critical acclaim and have successfully targeted two very different sectors.
While the Contac 29 is a modestly priced mainstream cooler, the Frio was aimed towards the high end audience who demand ultimate performance. The FRIO was not a problem free product however because when the fans were raised above the lowest settings, it quickly became rather unbearable.
The latest product we are looking at today from Thermaltake is not designed to replace the FRIO, more to compliment it. This cooler is called the JING, which Thermaltake say means ‘silence’. We prefer the chinese medical definition meaning ‘essence, genetic makeup, or life’. This rather dramatically named product has been created to capture a portion of the FRIO’s cooling performance while remaining as quiet as possible – Thermaltake rate it at a grass whispering 16dBA. At this noise level it is capable of dealing with 200 watts of heat, which we will test later.
The JING supports AMD (AM2, AM2+, AM3) and Intel processors (LGA 775, 1156, 1366) featuring a nickel plated copper base with large aluminum fins and five heat pipes.
Optimal cooling performance:
- Large Aluminum fins with five Φ6 heat-pipes offers good cooling capacity. It supports to OC 4.0G in i7 CPU.
- All nickel plated fins, copper base and heat-pipes for better heat transmission.
2 Extremely silent 120mm VR fan, adjustable speed from 800~1300RPM.
- Ultra quiet operation with 16 dBA under minimum fan speed.
- Dual unique inhale-exhaust 120mm reverse fan design generates greater air flow to enhance thermal performance.
- Vibration-absorbent gaskets decrease noise while operation.
Universal Socket Compatibility & Accessory Package
- All-in-one back-plate design for accelerated installation
- Universal support: Intel socket LGA 1366/1156/775 and AMD socket AM2/AM2+/AM3.
- Superb thermal grease maximizes heat transfer