Today we are going to take a look at the Biostar Hi-Fi A85W motherboard which features the same A85X chipset as the Gigabyte F2A85XM-D3H that we reviewed recently. Consequently, it features AMD’s FM2 socket which supports the latest ‘Trinity’ APUs.
Biostar may not be top of most enthusiasts lists but we have been very impressed with some of their previous products such as the TZ77XE4 that we looked at a few months back. It offered exemplary overclocking performance which rivaled some of the best Asus, Gigabyte and ASRock motherboards on the market.
The ‘Hi-Fi’ portion of this motherboard’s name highlights Biostar’s dedication to quality audio with this motherboard. We look forward to seeing whether this makes the A85W an ideal candidate for those looking to build a large home theatre PC or a multimedia PC.
- Supported Socket FM2 processors AMD A-series/ E2-series processor
- Supported AMD Mutil Core(x4,x2)
- AMD 100W processor support
- AMD A85X Chipset
- 4 DIMM supported DDR3-2400(OC)/ 2133(OC)/ 1866/ 1600/ 1333/ 1066/ 800
- Supported SATA 6Gb/s 2X speed than current SATA 3G
- Supported USB 3.0
- AMD Dual Graphics Technology
- 100% X.D.C solid capacitor
- BIOSTAR Puro Hi-Fi