Today we are going to look at the Gigabyte F2A85XM-D3H motherboard which supports AMD’s latest Trinity APUs and occupies a Micro-ATX form factor. We will also be looking briefly at the performance of the AMD A8-5600K APU as we haven’t had a chance to test it previously. This processor and motherboard combination isn’t top-of-the-range, but should offer users a healthy balance between price and performance.
Gigabyte is renowned for producing a wide range of quality motherboards which encompass both Intel and AMD platforms. Additionally they have a comprehensive range of models supporting the latest AMD FM2 socket, spanning from those based on the low-end A55 chipset to the more feature-filled A85X that resides on this particular model.
The F2A85XM-D3H fits in the range below the F2A85X-D3H and F2A85X-UP4 which are both full size models. The Micro-ATX form factor of the F2A85XM-D3H makes it ideal for those looking to build a compact tower PC or a large HTPC. We look forward to seeing how it performs in our tests.
- GIGABYTE 3D BIOS technology with Dual UEFI BIOS design.
- GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™4 Classic technology.
- Supports socket FM2 AMD A-series/ Athlon-series processors.
- Enhanced AMD Radeon HD 7000-series graphics (DX11) integrated with the APU.
- 2 PCI-E 2.0 x16 interfaces with AMD Dual Graphics, Eyefinity and CrossFire support.
- Features HDMI/ Dual-link DVI/ D-sub ports for Triple-Monitor support.
- 4 native USB 3.0 ports with transfer rates of up to 5Gbps.
- 8 native SATA3 ports with up to 6Gbps link speed and RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 support.
- GIGABYTE On/Off Charge technology with 3x USB power design.