ASRock's latest addition to their 990FX series of AMD motherboards, the 990FX Extreme9, aims to occupy the company's AM3+ top spot alongside the Fatal1ty Professional board.
With premium power delivery components, compatibility with AMD's 8 core PileDriver processors and support for 3-way SLI and CrossFire graphics configurations, the ASRock 990FX Extreme9 sports an excellent set of features which should impress the enthusiast market.
The board makes use of ASRock's new-and-improved power delivery components which include; Gold Capacitors, Digi Power VRM, Dual-Stack MOSFET, Hi-Density power connector, and a 12+2 power phase design.
Can this plethora of overclocking enhancements and an excellent feature set translate into enthusiast-grade performance potential?
- Premium Gold Caps, Multiple Filter Cap
- Supports Dual-Stack MOSFET (DSM), Digi Power, 12 + 2 power phase design
- Supports AM3+ Processor, 8-Core CPU
- Supports Dual Channel DDR3 2450(OC)
- 4 PCIe 2.0 x16 Slots, Support NVIDIA® 3-Way SLI, AMD 3-Way CrossFireX™
- 8 x SATA3, 2 x eSATA3, 8 x USB 3.0, 8 x USB 2.0
- Supports Hi-Density Power Connector
- Intel® Gigabit LAN
- Supports ASRock X-Boost, XFast 555, Fast Boot, Restart to UEFI, Dehumidifier, OMG, Internet Flash, Easy RAID Installer
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC898 Audio Codec), supports THX TruStudio™
- Free Bundle : CyberLink MediaEspresso 6.5 Trial, Google Chrome Browser and Toolbar, 1 x Front USB 3.0 Panel with 2.5″ HDD/SSD Rack