Corsair have earned a respected place in the minds of the enthusiast user over the years having produced a wide range of quality memory, cases, headsets, solid state drives, keyboards and power supplies.
Today we look at one of their new power supplies in the ‘RM’ range – the RM650. The company are also releasing a RM450, RM550, RM750, RM850 and RM1050 model to suit all systems. All of the RM range is 80 Plus Gold Certified, pure modular and is designed with low noise as a primary focus.
All of the new RM power supplies are Corsair Link ready – meaning you can monitor the power supply fan speed and +12V output from the desktop software. This will be a welcome addition for those people who already have a Corsair Link system set up on the system.
Corsair claim to have placed a focus on the noise characteristics of this range. Corsair say “We are aware of our customers desire to have the quietest components, so we utilize a neutral third party sound lab to test the noise level of our designs using an industry standard testing methodology (ISO 7779:2010). The result is the NR135L PSU fan.”
The RM series of power supplies operate in zero RPM fan mode for up to 40% of the power supplies maximum load (at 25c room temperature). The idea is to ensure that the power supply is silent for most duties, such as surfing the net, checking email or social gaming. When the load gets higher the thermally controlled fan will gradually spin up, such as when gaming.
- Optimized for Silence: The components used to manufacture the RM Series are manufactured specifically for excellent performance and low audible noise.
- 80 PLUS Gold-certified Efficiency: Highly efficient RM Series power supplies produce less heat and have lower operating costs.
- Flat black, Low-Profile Modular Cables: You can use only the cables you need, and leave the rest in the box for fast, easy, and great-looking builds.
- Reliable, Continuous Power Delivery: Corsair uses high-quality internal components, and RM Series power supplies are guaranteed to deliver clean, stable, continuous power.
- Corsair Link Compatible: RM Series power supplies connect to Corsair Link software for real-time monitoring of fan speed and power delivery directly from your desktop. Additional hardware required for 450W-850W units.
- The latest ATX12V v2.4 and EPS 2.92 standards and it is backward compatible with ATX12V 2.2, 2.31 and ATX12V 2.01 systems.
- 4th generation Intel® Core™ processor Ready (Intel Haswell and Z78 motherboards)
- 80PLUS Gold certified, delivering over 92% energy efficiency at real world load conditions.
- The completely modular cable system allows you to use only the cables you need.
- Low-profile, flat cable design reduces air friction and helps maximize airflow through your computer’s chassis.
- High-quality capacitors provide uncompromised performance and reliability.
- A five year warranty and lifetime access to Corsair’s legendary technical support and customer service.
- Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) with PF value of 0.99.
- 135MM NR135L Noise reducing fan. MTBF: 100,000 Hours
- Universal AC input from 100~240V.
- Multi-GPU Ready
- Over-voltage and over-current protection, under-voltage protection, and short circuit protection, over power protection, over temperature protection provide maximum safety to your critical system components.
- Safety and Agency Approvals: FCC, ICES, CE, C TUV US, RCM, TUV, CB, CCC, BSMI, GOST, ROHS, WEEE, ROHS, KC