Seasonic really need no introduction, they have been releasing multiple series of class leading power supplies in 2012. They recently launched the latest X-Series KM3 range, superseding the award winning KM2 units which we reviewed last year. Today we are looking at the X-Series KM3 650W power supply, a very popular wattage capacity with the enthusiast audience.
The X-Series 650W KM3 is not just a simple refresh however as the internal design has been changed and we will take a look at this later in the review. The KM2 was already a very impressive unit, so we are interested to see just how far further the company can push the new design.
They have three models already in the KM3 range, a 650W, 750W and 850W model all with a single +12V rail, fan controller and new modular cabling.
Special Features –
- 80PLUS® Gold Certified Super High Efficiency
- Full Modular Cabling Design
- Patented DC Connector Module with Integrated VRM [Voltage Regulator Module]
- DC to DC Converter Design
- Seasonic Hybrid Silent Fan Control
- Sanyo Denki San Ace Silent Fan
- Conductive Polymer Aluminum Solid Capacitors
- Highly Reliable 105℃ Japanese Brand Capacitors
- Tight Voltage Regulation [±1%]
- Active Power Factor Correction [99% PF Typical]
- High +12V Output
- High Current Gold Plated Terminals
- Dual Sided PCB Layout
- Ultra Ventilation [Honeycomb Structure]
- Multi-GPU Technologies Supported
- All-in-One DC Cabling Design
- Easy Swap Connector
- Universal AC Input [Full Range]
- 7 Years Warranty