Today we are looking at the latest 24 inch monitor from ASUS – the VG248QE, which sports a 1080p resolution, nVidia 3D Vision support and a 144hz refresh rate for super smooth 3D gaming. We weren’t overly impressed with the VG278HE 27 inch 144hz screen when we reviewed it back in October last year so we hope the VG248QE can produce the goods.
Reviewing an ASUS monitor can be an bewildering experience because you never know quite what you will be getting as the quality can vary wildly from range to range. The company produce many inexpensive panels that quite often don’t cut the mustard.
That said, I was impressed with their VN247H Super Narrow Bezel LED panel which I reviewed back on the 18th. While the image quality was far from perfect, at the modest asking price of £170 the pros far outweighed the cons. The tiny 9mm bezel was also a commendable selling point for multi screen configurations.
My own personal favourite ASUS monitors are their ProArt range, which has consistently ranked highly in our lab tests. The only downside is the high asking price which does alienate a huge portion of the enthusiast audience.
Asus VG248QE Overview:
- Ultra smooth action with 144Hz rapid refresh rate and 1ms (GTG) response time.
- With an 80,000,000:1 ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio (ASCR) and 350cd/m² of brightness, the ASUS VG248QE delivers life-like visuals in Full HD 1920 x 1080.
- A comfortable viewing with ergonomic design for swivel, tilt, pivot, and height adjustment.
- Featuring ASUS-exclusive GamePlus function hotkey for perfect gaming environment and experience.
- DisplayPort, Dual-link DVI-D, and HDMI ports ensure extensive connectivity and compatibility with multimedia devices or game consoles.
- Built-in 2W stereo speakers further add to an immersive home entertainment experience.