Today we are looking at the latest 27 inch monitor from ASUS, the VG278HE – which sports a 1080p resolution, nVidia 3D Vision support and a whopping 144hz refresh rate for super smooth 3D gaming. This is an expensive screen, but can it deliver the goods?
We have reviewed many ASUS monitors in the last couple of years and I have found the quality of their screens can vary significantly. Their ProArt range has consistently scored well in our tests, but I haven’t been impressed with many of their less expensive panels that we have reviewed.
The VG278HE 27” inch screen is primarily designed for gamers and features an LED backlit LCD panel capable of a 144hz refresh rate, which adds 24 frames per second to the 120hz display output. While many purists will immediately be put off by this additional processing, ASUS claim it will make 3D gaming look smoother.
The VG278HE 27” uses a TN film panel with a 1920×1080 resolution and boasts a 2ms (GTG) response time. It has full support for Nvidia 3D Vision 2. Display inputs include a dual link DVI, which is needed for this high refresh rate, even at the modest 1080p resolution. The monitor also includes 6W stereo speakers.
- Response Time:2 ms
- Vertical Viewing Angle:160
- Brightness:300 cd/m2
- Features:HDCP, ASUS Splendid Video Intelligence Technology, Skin-Tone Selection, Trace Free Technology, ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio (ASCR), ASUS Splendid Video Preset Mode, NVIDIA 3D LightBoost technology, Advanced Dual-Side LCD Driving Technology
- Flicker-free 3D Images with NVIDIA 3D Vision 2
- NVIDIA 3D LightBoost Technology
- 144Hz Rapid Refresh Rate with 2ms Response Time
- Advanced Dual-Side LCD Driving Technology
- Splendid Video Intelligence Technology