Over the past 20 years, Beijing-based Edifier has been creating some of the most visually appealing speaker systems in the market. At their peak, over half of the speakers sold into the Chinese market were manufactured by Edifier and, during that time, production moved first to Shenzhen and then Dongguan. Edifier's own site claims that these speakers offer flawless sound and a powerful audio experience with an elegant look. One look at the design of the e25HD tells you that they have already nailed the elegant look – so we began testing to see if the flawless and powerful audio claims are also justified.
With a UK street price expected to come in just over the £160 mark and with the addition of optical support over the older (non HD) version, the Edifier e25HD speakers are not cheap for a set of 2.0s. That said, in a market where people are paying up to £500 for a ‘Zeppelin', the Edifiers are also not expensive.
The feature set, stunning looks and optional stalk-like stands mean that these speakers are meant to be seen as well as heard, so general/multi-purpose living room audio is the target market. You can get an idea of the product life cycle from this short video.
- Wireless audio playback with Bluetooth enabled devices
- Capacitive touch sensitive controls for volume, play/pause, previous/next track and standby
- Auxiliary input port for high-quality connection to external devices
- Incorporation of DSP and DRC for enhanced audio performance and distortion control
- Electronic crossover and dedicated power amplifier to each tweeter and bass drivers
- Total power: 74W RMS
- 3″ bass driver and 19mm silk dome tweeter in each speaker
- Dual 2 inch × 3 inch passive bass radiators for enhanced bass effect in each speaker
- TOTAL POWER OUTPUT:15W x 2 (Treble) + 22W x 2 (Bass)
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE:50Hz ~ 20 kHz (± 6dB)
- INPUT TYPE:Bluetooth 4.0/Auxiliary/Optical
- INPUT SENSITIVITY:650mV ± 50mV
- ADJUSTMENT:Touch keys, remote control
- BASS & MID-RANGE DRIVER:3 inch (82mm)
- TREBLE DRIVER:3/4 inch (19mm) silk dome