Today we are going to take a look at the Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 which directly replaces the Arc Midi case that we looked at in-depth last year over here. The Arc range of cases are designed with performance users in mind as they don't focus specifically on noise suppression like Fractal's original define range, focusing on cooling performance instead.
Fractal Design have been around for a few years now and have become increasingly popular with the enthusiast audience thanks to their stylish cases which offer an impressive level of build quality and, most importantly, are nearly silent in operation. They have started to expand their range into more performance focused models such as the Arc Midi R2, which we are looking at today.
- Designed with high airflow in mind while consistently holding a minimalistic, sleek look and feel.
- Featuring a window side panel to show off your set up in style.
- Extensive water cooling support, designed to support thick radiators in the front and top positions.
- Three Silent Series R2 fans with integrated fan controller included.
- HDD cages are now split 5 + 3 and are both rotatable and removable for maximum configuration and airflow.
- Support for up to 8 hard drive bays with accommodation for an additional 2 x 2,5” inch drives behind the motherboard.
- Easy installation and configuration with ample cable routing space making it simple for everyone to make a very tidy looking computer build.
- Removable fan filters for easy dust maintenance and washing.
- ATX, Micro ATX, Mini ITX motherboard compatibility.
- 2 – 5.25″ bays.
- 8 – 3.5″ HDD trays – all compatible with SSDs.
- 2 – 2.5″ additional SSD positions behind the mothboard plate.
- 7 + 1 expansion slots.
- 7 – Fan positions (3 Silent Series R2 fans included).
- Filtered fan slots in front, top and bottom.
- CPU coolers up to 180 mm tall.
- PSU compatibility: ATX PSUs up to 170 mm deep when using the bottom fan location; when not using this fan location longer PSUs (up to 270 mm deep) can be used.
- Graphics card compatibility: Graphics cards up to 290mm in length with the top HDD cage installed – With the top cage removed, graphics cards up to 430mm in length may be installed.
- 26 mm of space for cable routing behind the motherboard plate.
- Thick rubber grommets on all holes on the motherboard plate.
- Colors available: Black.
- Case dimensions (WxHxD): 230 x 460 x 515mm.
- Net weight: 10.7kg.
- Package dimensions (WxHxD): 320 x 610 x 560mm.
- Package weight: 12kg.