Today we are going to take a look at the NZXT Source 530 case which has been designed to offer a balance between features and affordability. It is available for around the £80 mark, targeting a mass audience. There are a number of other manufacturers who have strong offerings around £80 and even NZXT themselves have a number of models at a similar price point. Is the Source 530 good enough to warrant consideration?
NZXT have expanded their range of cases significantly over the past few years. The release of the first Phantom case put them on the radar of enthusiasts across the globe, and subsequent models have also been highly successful. NZXT have a number of different sub-ranges of cases including the Phantom Series which offers incredible aesthetic design, and the Source series which looks to offer a functional design at an affordable price. We look forward to seeing how the Source 530 performs in our tests.
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 235mm x 507mm x 510 mm.
- Material: Plastic, Steel.
- Total Weight: 9.2 kg.
- Motherboard Support: ITX, MicroATX, ATX, EATX (322 x 272mm).
- Electronic Features: Audio/Mic, I/O LED, Power/Reset LED, 2 x USB 3.0, 10-Port Fan Hub.
- External 5.25”: 3.
- Internal 3.5”: 6.
- Internal 2.5”: 7 (1 behind motherboard tray).
- Expansion Slots: 8.
- Front: 2 x 120/140mm or 1 x 200mm.
- Top: 3 x 120mm (1 x 120mm included) or 2 x 140mm.
- Rear: 1 x 120/140mm (1 x 120mm included).
- Bottom: 2 x 120mm.