2010 has been a fantastic year for quality chassis design and today we are going to have our first look at a chassis from Xigmatek, a company better known for their coolers and power supplies.
Following with traditional Xigmatek marketing concepts, the Utgard is a product clearly paying homage to Tolkien fantasy roots. The case is a hybrid SECC and steel mesh design allowing for a maximum of 9 fans to be connected.
The case is offered in three versions: A solid side panel, a window and a metal mesh. We received the solid side panel flavour with dual fan mounts (pictured below).
- All mesh design on front panel.
- Screw-less tooling for 5.25″ bay installation.
- Screw-less tooling for expansion slot installation.
- Four 3.5″ HDD in three 5.25″ bay adapter.
- Preinstalled 170mm top orange fan with white LED.
- Preinstalled 120mm front and rear orange fans with white LED.
- Two RPM speed control knobs for six fans.
- Back window for easy CPU cooler back plate.
- Back holes and clips for cable management.
- Anti-vibration rubber for PSU.
- 222(W) x 515(H) x 490(D) mm (8.7*20.3*19.3 inches)