To test the performance of the Corsair H80i we built a powerful Z77 based system to push the cooler to its limits. It features an Intel Core i7-3770K which was overclocked to 4.7 GHz using a core voltage of 1.3 V.
For comparison purposes, we will be showing results from the original Corsair H100 as well as the Corsair H80 and H80i. Both the H80i and H100i were updated to the latest V1.0.4 Firmware before testing.
We tested each unit in the three different preset modes; Performance, Balanced and Quiet. We also set the fan speed to maximum with the H80i and H100i as this can be achieved through the Corsair Link Software.
- Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K
- Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX
- Memory: 8 GB Mushkin Blackline 1333 MHz
- Thermal Paste: Arctic Cooling MX-2
- Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950
- Graphics Card (noise tests): HIS Radeon HD 5550 Silence
- Prime 95 (64-bit)
- CPUID Hardware Monitor
- Corsair Link V2.2.0