As the name suggests, Noctua’ NH-U12S TR4-SP3 is essentially an updated version of the U12S that now supports Threadripper. Along with identical dimensions, it features some similarities to the standard NH-U12S, like the included Noctua NF-F12 fan, and included low noise adapter.
To match the larger Threadripper CPU, the contact surface has been increased to 70x56mm – but the NH-U12S TR4-SP3’s cost has also been increased to £73.99. This does beg the question: with only a change of mounting, has Noctua done enough to justify this new price?
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
- Model: NH-U12S TR4-SP3
- Heat Sink Material: Copper (base and heat-pipes), aluminum (cooling fins)
- Included Fans: Noctua NF-F12 PWM
- Fan Dimensions: 120 x 120 x 25mm
- Fan Speed: 1,500 RPM @100% PWM
- Fan Noise Level: 22.4 dBa @100%
- Fan Connector: 4-Pin (PWM)
- Fan Weight: 870 g
- Warranty: 6 years
- AMD socket compatibility: AMD TR4
- Heat Sink Weight: 695g
- Heat Sink Dimensions (DxWxH) : 45 x 125 x 158 mm
- Accessories: Low-Noise Adaptor