Noctua support AMD processors with new coolers such as the NH-U12S and the larger NH-U14S has also received the Threadripper treatment – hinted at by a ‘TR4-SP3’ at the end of the name. This means changing out the contact surface of the cooler, to primarily ensure it is large enough for the much bigger Threadripper IHS, and secondly ensuring the cooler can handle the higher TDP from such a CPU. In our testing, the NH-U12S TR4-SP3 performed pretty well which would suggest we can expect even better results from the larger NH-U14S.
It really is an interesting one when it comes to price vs performance though as the NH-U14S TR4-SP3 is priced at £74.99, only £1.00 more expensive than the 120mm model. With such a small price difference, is there really any reason not to choose the Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3?
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
- Model: NH-U14S TR4-SP3
- Heat Sink Material: Copper (base and heat-pipes), aluminum (cooling fins)
- Included Fans: Noctua NF-A15 PWM
- Fan Dimensions: 140 x 150 x 25mm
- Fan Speed: 1,500 RPM @100% PWM
- Fan Noise Level: 24.6 dBa @100%
- Fan Connector: 4-Pin (PWM)
- Warranty: 6 years
- AMD socket compatibility: AMD TR4
- Heat Sink Weight: 865g
- Heat Sink Dimensions (DxWxH) : 52 x 150 x 165 mm
- Accessories: Low-Noise Adaptor