Regular readers will be aware that Intel recently launched their Haswell range of processors. Kitguru has already reviewed motherboards from partners such as MSI, ASUS and Gigabyte in the last week. Today we look at the new ASRock Z87 Extreme 6 – this is a 12 phase power design featuring Premium gold capacitors. Is it worth your time and money?
We were impressed with ASRock Z77 motherboards released throughout 2012. The company went from strength to strength as the products were developed, delivering a wide range of competitive motherboards at various price points.
- A-Style : Home Cloud, Purity Sound™, HDMI-In
- Supports 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 / i5 / i3 / Xeon® / Pentium® / Celeron® in LGA1150 Package
- Premium Gold Capacitor Design, Digi Power, 12 Power Phase Design, Dual-Stack MOSFET
- Supports Dual Channel DDR3 2933+(OC)
- 3 x PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 x PCIe 2.0 x1, 1 x mini-PCIe
- Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX, 3-Way CrossFireX, CrossFireX
- Supports NVIDIA® Quad SLI and SLI
- Multi VGA Output Options : DVI-I, HDMI, DisplayPort
- Intel® Dual Gigabit LAN with Teaming
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC1150 Audio Codec), Supports DTS Connect
- 10 x SATA3, 1 x eSATA, 8 x USB 3.0, 7 x USB 2.0
- 1 x Front USB 3.0 Panel with 2.5″ HDD/SSD Rack, 1 x Rear USB 3.0 Bracket
- Supports A-Tuning, XFast 555, Easy Driver Installer, FAN-Tastic Tuning, USB Key