ARIA, UK retailer are stocking the new Club3D Multi Stream Transport Hub – a device which receives a DisplayPort 1.2 signal from a source and splits up and routes the video streams independently to each display device.
The UK retail price is £99.95, but it is currently on offer at ARIA for £89.99 inc vat.
Leveraging the micro-packet architecture of DisplayPort, DisplayPort 1.2 adds the capability to address and drive several display devices through one DisplayPort connector. This feature has often been referred to as daisy-chaining or addressable displays.
The Club 3D MST hub is a hub device that receives a DisplayPort 1.2 MST signal from the source device and splits up and routes the video streams independently to each display device. Using this type of configuration also allows the use of non DisplayPort 1.2 monitors. Non DisplayPort outputs, such as VGA/D-Sub, DVI or HDMI, the Club 3D MST hub is DP++ and can actively convert the DisplayPort signal to the other types of display interface signals. AMD has optimized its GPU”s for this functionality from Radeon HD 6000 series onwards.
Multi-display Technologies DisplayPort 1.2, a new display interface, boasts features such as tremendous bandwidth and daisy-chaining capabilities. Combined, these features complement the AMD Eyefinity technology multi-display technology very well.
The new MST hub display technologies its part of ecosystem in the Club 3D AMD Radeon HD 5000, 6000 and 7000 Series which are designed to deliver new and unique experiences with impressive performance.
• Standards compliance/support: displayport v1.2, displayport v1.1a, VESA DDM
• Standard, HDCP V2.0, DisplayId, and EDID V1.4
• Supports main link rates of 5.4 bps (HBR2), 2.7 bps (HBR) and 1.62 bps(RBR) from source
• Supports 1/2/4 lanes of main link for RX side
• Supports three DP++ output port, or two dual-link DVI ports, or the combination of ports
• For DP 1.2 source,supports DP1.2 MST multi video/audio steams
• Supports 1.1 source, supports ViewXpand
• Supports DP-DP Bypass mode
• Supports AUX-CH enables SBM and I2C mapping over AUX between the source/sink and device
• Dedicated I2C slave for main processor to access the device
• Supported output resolution: up to [email protected] each monitor in DP1.2 MST and up to FHD/1080p in DP1.1 or DP 1.2 SST
• Input pixel data depth 6/8/10/12 bits and supports output pixel format RGB444