Our guy Luke Hill is currently over in Germany with ASUS – as they showcase a lot of new, and upcoming products in their Republic Of Gamers line up. One thing that stood out for us today was being able to see the highly anticipated ROG Poseidon GTX 1080 ti graphics card, which was on display.
The key features are:
- Next-gen DirectCU H2O hybrid cooling for complete flexibility for either air or liquid cooling.
- Standard G1/4-Inch Terminal Block design lets users easily plumb a custom water loop using a variety of fittings.
- Patented Wing-Blade IP5X-Certified Fans for maximum airflow and longer fan lifespan.
- ASUS Fanconnect II provides hybrid-controlled system fan headers for optimal system cooling.
- ASUS Aura RGB lighting with an infinite-reflection design.
- ASUS Aura Sync RGB synchronization enables a gaming system personalization.
|Graphics Engine||NVIDIA® Geforce® GTX 1080 Ti|
|Bus Standard||PCI Express® 3.0|
|GPU Boost Clock||TBD|
|GPU Base Clock||TBD|
|Video memory||GDDR5X 11GB|
|Power Connectors||2x 8pin|
|Max. Digital Resolution||7680x 4320|
|Connectivity||1x Native Dual-link DVI-D
2x Native HDMI 2.0
2x Native DisplayPort 1.4
|Software Bundled||GPU Tweak II & Driver|
|Accessory Bundled||1X ROG Velcro Hook & Loop
1x Power Cable
Asus say ‘Liquid cooling has evolved to the point where it is not only about delivering superior cooling performance, but also adding personalized style to gaming systems. The ROG Poseidon graphics card delivers on both fronts. With next-gen DirectCU H20 hybrid cooling and Patented Wing-Blade 0dB Fans that let users choose between air and liquid cooling, the ROG Poseidon combines superb performance with convenient flexibility. When it comes to aesthetics, ASUS Aura Sync and a unique, infinite-reflection design provides stunning RGB lighting effects, allowing users to build a gaming system that truly outshines the competition.'
When compared with the last generation Poseidon the new ROG Poseidon graphics is constructed with a larger 2.5-slot cooler, providing 40% more heatsink surface area for thermal dissipation compared to previous 2-slot designs, leading to lower temperatures and quieter performance. The DirectCU H20 water channel flow rate has also been improved by 22% which should help drop temperatures further.
Discuss on our Facebook page HERE.
KitGuru says: We have no exact release date or price yet, but ASUS did tell us that it is expected before the end of ‘Q2' – which we know is rather vague. As, or when we get new information we will keep you posted.