The newest ATX member joining Asus’ premier line of Z87 motherboards, the Maximus VI Formula, brings something completely different to the ROG table – a full-board covering called ROG Armor. Can the distinctive Maximus VI Formula prove itself as an excellent platform for high-end gamers and intermediate overclockers?
Typically a fan favourite due to its effective balance between overclocking and gaming features, with a feasible price tag to match, Asus’ Formula variety of the latest Maximus series revision has been garnering a lot of attention. Asus outfits the Maximus VI Formula with the broadest ROG-specific feature set provided by any of the current line-up.
Combining the newest set of ROG software tools with the sixth-generation Maximus catalogue’s highest-grade SupremeFX audio, ROG Armor, and a hybrid VRM cooling system, Asus is hoping it has an excellent performer in the Maximus VI Formula. With support for 3-way CrossFire and on-board overclocking tools, Asus’ Maximus VI Formula will have benchmarkers interested in what the board can offer.
Does Asus have the winning Formula? Or has ASRock’s identically-priced offering stolen the show in this segment of the market?
- CrossChill – Great on air. Cooler with water
- SupremeFX Formula – Amazing 120dB signal-to-noise ratio, 600 Ohm audio
- ROG Armor – Style, strength, and cooling in one
- Sonic Radar – Scan and detect to dominate
- mPCIe Combo II With Wi-Fi – Extra connections with new gen support
- Extreme Engine Digi+ III – Hardcore power delivery with premium components
- GameFirst II + Intel LAN – Put Your Frags First
- RAMDisk – Double up on speed with RAM