In the computing world, bigger is usually better. But that doesn’t stop us trying to squeeze the same performance out of something that is physically smaller in size. ‘Why?’ you ask. Well, perhaps desk space is at a premium or maybe you simply never plan to use multiple graphics cards with a kilowatt power supply and an array of HDDs. If that’s the case, there’s a considerable space saving to be had by opting for a Mini-ITX system.
Targeting enthusiasts and gamers who want to get the best performance out of their small form-factor (SFF) system, can the Asus Republic of Gamers (ROG) Maximus VII Impact show us just how powerful a 17×17 cm motherboard can be?
Sporting the ROG red and black colour scheme, the Maximus VII Impact (M7I) doesn’t let its mITX form factor stop it from catering for the overclocking crowd. Called Impact Power II, a separate daughter board houses an 8+2 phase power delivery system that gives the M7I strong overclocking potential.
Other key features include a 32Gbps PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 connection, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, the innovative CoolHub fan hub, Impact Control II, and SupremeFX Impact II audio.
Can Asus’ Maximus VII Impact prove itself as a no-compromise mITX solution suitable for gamers and enthusiasts?
- Intel® Z97 Express chipset with M.2 (PCI Express 3.0 x4) support
- Impact Power II – Hardcore power delivery with premium components
- Intel Ethernet + LANGuard + GameFirst III – Game networking taken to the next level
- SupremeFX Impact II + Sonic Radar II – New and improved audio that’s beyond compare
- mPCIe Combo IV and KeyBot – Fast Wi-Fi and M.2 connectivity, plus instant keyboard upgrade
- USB UEFI BIOS and Secure Erase – Award-winning simplicity and factory-fresh conditioning for superb performance
- ROG gives you more – A ready-made gamer’s toolkit.