ASRock have been making a name for themselves in the last year, moving up through the ranks from ‘budget' brand, to a serious player in the enthusiast marketplace. Today we are looking at their flagship Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen 3 motherboard and putting it through a variety of game and synthetic benchmark tests with an overclocked Core i7 2600k processor and CrossfireX graphics.
ASRock have been busy in recent months releasing a plethora of new motherboards targeted at both AMD and Intel users. The Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen 3 is the highest rated product in their Intel Sandybridge lineup.
We have covered the Z68 platform before so we won't bore you with the fine details. Let's just sum it up by saying that Z68 has happily replaced P67 without having to deal with the negative stigma of Cougar Point issues. With Lucidlogix Virtua software capabilities and Sandybridge onboard video support, they have made this a platform to handle anything you want to throw at it.
- Premium Gold Caps (2.5 x longer life time), 100% Japan-made high-quality Conductive Polymer Capacitors
- Digi PWM Design, Advanced V12 + 6 Power Phase Design
- Supports Dual Channel DDR3 2133(OC)
- Integrated PLX PEX8608 chip onboard to offer sufficient PCI-E lanes
- 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 slots
- Supports ATI™ Quad CrossFireX™, 3-Way CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™
- Supports NVIDIA® Quad SLI™ and SLI™
- Dual PCIE GLAN with Teaming function
- Dr. Debug, Smart Switch Design: Power/Reset/Clear CMOS Switch with LED
- Supports Fatal1ty XFast USB, XFast LAN Technologies
- Supports Graphical UEFI, Lucid Virtu, Intel® Smart Response Technology
- Supports Fatal1ty F-Stream, On/Off Play Technology, APP Charger, SmartView
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec), THX TruStudio™
- Free Bundle : 1 x 3.5mm Audio Cable, 1 x Front USB 3.0 Panel, CyberLink MediaEspresso 6.5 Trial, ASRock MAGIX Multimedia Suite