Today we look at one of the latest power supplies from Corsair, the CS850M – a semi modular unit which ships with 80 Plus Gold certification. Corsair have a wide range of power supplies available as it stands so how does this unit slot into their current portfolio?
Regular readers of KitGuru may remember our review of the CS650M way back in November of 2013. At that time there was no 850watt unit available – you could buy the CS ‘M' range in 450W, 550W and 750W capacities.
The CS Series power supplies are ideal for basic desktop systems where low energy use, low noise, and simple installation are essential – this is a direct quote from the product page on the Corsair website.
- The latest ATX12V v2.4 and EPS 2.92 standards and it is backward compatible with ATX12V 2.2, 2.31 and ATX12V 2.01 systems.
- 4th generation Intel® Core™ processor Ready (Intel Haswell and Z87 motherboards)
- 80PLUS Gold certified, delivering over 90% energy efficiency at real world load conditions
- Modular cables allow you to remove unneeded cables.
- The low-profile, flat modular cable design reduces air friction and helps maximize airflow through your computer’s chassis.
- A three year warranty and lifetime access to Corsair’s legendary technical support and customer service.
- Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) with PF value of 0.99.
- Universal AC input from 100~240V
- Multi-GPU Ready
- Over-voltage protection, under-voltage protection, and short circuit protection, over power protection, over temperature protection provide maximum safety to your critical system components
- Safety and Agency Approvals: FCC, ICES, UL, CUL, TUV, CCC, CE, RCM, CB, EAC, KC, BSMI, ROHS, WEEE.