Last updated on January 24th, 2018 at 05:27 pm
Over the last month we have reviewed the full range of PRIME Platinum power supplies and today we take our first look at the new 1000 watt GOLD unit within the PRIME range. This is the first of the new 1000 watt power supplies from Seasonic to break in under the £200 price point while still offering a pure modular layout with the high levels of build quality we expect from Seasonic.
Seasonic have scored higher consistently than any other power supply manufacturer in KitGuru reviews over the last 5 years. The PRIME Gold range sits below both Titanium and Platinum ranges which we have reviewed in recent months. Seasonic assured us that their GOLD PRIME range, while cheaper than the others- will still incorporate Japanese capacitors.
PRIME Gold Specifications:
– Model name: SSR-1000GD
– 80 PLUS®: Gold
– Form Factor: Intel ATX 12 V
– Dimensions: 170mm (L) x 150mm (W) x 86mm (H) +/-1 mm
– Fan Size: 135 mm
– Fan Control: Premium Hybrid Fan Control
– Fan Bearing: Fluid Dynamic Bearing
– Life Expectancy: 70,000 hours at 40 °C, 15 % – 65 % RH
– Modularity: Fully Modular
– Cable type: Flat black cables
– Operating Temperature: 0 – 50 °C
– MTBF @ 25 °C, excl. fan: 150,000 hours
– AC Input: Full Range
– Protection: OPP, OVP, UVP, OCP, OTP, SCP
– Safety and EMC: cTUVus, TUV, CB, CCC, BSMI, EAC
– Environmental Compliance: Energy Star, RoHS, WEEE, ErP Lot 6, REACH
Review photography handled in house at KitGuru with a Leica S series medium format camera and S series prime lens. Please do not use any of the images within this review without express permission.