Today we finalise our coverage of the latest Seasonic PRIME Platinum platform by analysing the 650 watt model in the range. This fully modular, 80 Plus Platinum certified model is priced at £155 in the United Kingdom, around £30 less expensive than the PRIME 650W Titanium supply which we reviewed back in August 2016.
High grade Platinum power supplies are expensive. At £155, this is one of the most cost effective units in the new Seasonic range, but it is still a fair chunk of cash for a 650 watt supply.
Like other models in the range it ships with a low noise Fluid Dynamic Bearing cooling fan incorporated and we hope Seasonic have over specified this unit to similar levels as the 650W Titanium unit we analysed last summer.
650W PRIME Platinum Specifications:
– Model name: SSR-650PD
– 80 PLUS®: Platinum
– Form Factor: Intel ATX 12 V
– Dimensions: 170mm (L) x 150mm (W) x 86mm (H) +/-1 mm
– Fan Size: 135 mm
– Fan Control: Premium Hybrid Fan Control
– Fan Bearing: Fluid Dynamic Bearing
– Life Expectancy: 70,000 hours at 40 °C, 15 % – 65 % RH
– Modularity: Fully Modular
– Cable type: Flat black cables
– Operating Temperature: 0 – 50 °C
– MTBF @ 25 °C, excl. fan: 150,000 hours
– AC Input: Full Range
– Protection: OPP, OVP, UVP, OCP, OTP, SCP
– Safety and EMC: cTUVus, TUV, CB, CCC, BSMI, EAC
– Environmental Compliance: Energy Star, RoHS, WEEE, ErP Lot 6, REACH
Review photography handled in house at KitGuru with a Leica S series medium format camera and S series prime lens. Please do not use any of the images within this review without express permission.