Today we take a look at another member of the Seasonic PRIME Gold family – this time in a 850 watt capacity. The PRIME Gold series is more cost effective than the PRIME Platinum and Titanium units while still offering stellar build quality, a pure modular layout and high grade Japanese capacitors.
Seasonic have won many awards on KitGuru over the years due to the overall consistency and quality throughout their series. While their Platinum and Titanium series have taken the headlines in recent months, the Gold PRIME supplies target the widest enthusiast audience demographic.
Prime GOLD Specification:
– Model name: SSR-850GD
– 80 PLUS®: Gold
– Form Factor: Intel ATX 12 V
– Dimensions: 170mm (L) x 150mm (W) x 86mm (H) +/-1 mm
– Fan Size: 135 mm
– Fan Control: Premium Hybrid Fan Control
– Fan Bearing: Fluid Dynamic Bearing
– Life Expectancy: 70,000 hours at 40 °C, 15 % – 65 % RH
– Modularity: Fully Modular
– Cable type: Flat black cables
– Operating Temperature: 0 – 50 °C
– MTBF @ 25 °C, excl. fan: 150,000 hours
– AC Input: Full Range
– Protection: OPP, OVP, UVP, OCP, OTP, SCP
– Safety and EMC: cTUVus, TUV, CB, CCC, BSMI, EAC
– Environmental Compliance: Energy Star, RoHS, WEEE, ErP Lot 6, REACH
Review photography handled in house at KitGuru with a Leica S series medium format camera and S series prime lens. Please do not use any of the images within this review without express permission.