Last updated on January 24th, 2018 at 05:39 pm
It has been only a few days since we had a new Seasonic power supply in our labs for analysis. We have already looked at their 1200W and 1000W PRIME Platinum models in recent weeks, and today we analyse the 850W model. These power supplies are pure modular by design and feature low noise high grade Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) cooling fans.
At this point we have only good things to say about the new PRIME Platinum power supplies. If the 850 Watt supply holds true to form then Seasonic will have one of their most consistent releases in recent history. We don’t expect anything dramatically different from this unit, but only after testing will we know.
Overclockers UK are already taking orders for the Seasonic PRIME 850W Platinum power supply – priced at £204.95 inc vat HERE. Yes, there is no arguing that these units are expensive, and this isn’t even their highest specification 850 Watt model either. The PRIME Titanium 850 Watt costs £25 more, available at £229.99 inc vat HERE.
850W PRIME Platinum Specifications:
– Model name: SSR-850TD Active PFC F3
– 80 PLUS®: Platinum
– Form Factor: Intel ATX 12 V
– Dimensions: 170mm (L) x 150mm (W) x 86mm (H) +/-1 mm
– Fan Size: 135 mm
– Fan Control: Premium Hybrid Fan Control
– Fan Bearing: Fluid Dynamic Bearing
– Life Expectancy: 70,000 hours at 40 °C, 15 % – 65 % RH
– Modularity: Fully Modular
– Cable type: Flat black cables
– Operating Temperature: 0 – 50 °C
– Hold-up Time: Above 30 ms
– MTBF @ 25 °C, excl. fan: 150,000 hours
– AC Input: Full Range
– Protection: OPP, OVP, UVP, OCP, OTP, SCP
– Safety and EMC: cTUVus, TUV, CB, CCC, BSMI, EAC
– Environmental Compliance: Energy Star, RoHS, WEEE, ErP Lot 6, REACH
Review photography handled in house at KitGuru with a Leica S series medium format camera and S series prime lens. Please do not use any of the images within this review without express permission.