Micro ATX gaming is continuing to gain popularity, so today we look at the Chillblast Fusion Raptor – a gaming system that is housed inside the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX chassis. Powering the gaming system are a 4.4GHz Core i7 4790K CPU, MSI’s GTX 960 Gaming graphics card, and a 120GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD.
Chillblast gives the Fusion Raptor a smart selection of components that fit inside the system’s £1099 price tag. An Asus Z97M-Plus motherboard is combined with 16GB of no-frills DDR3 memory and the 4.4GHz 4790K CPU. Cooling the slightly overclocked chip is a Corsair H75 All-in-One (AIO) liquid cooler.
MSI’s 2GB GTX 960 Gaming graphics card is likely to handle the majority of modern games at high settings and a 1920×1080 resolution, while Corsair’s CX600 PSU leaves headroom for future expansion. Storage comes by way of a 120GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, although sizeable steam libraries and other media will make use of the 2TB Seagate hard drive.
Housed neatly inside Phanteks’ Enthoo Evolv mATX chassis, how does Chillblast’s Fusion Raptor fair in our demanding set of gaming and productivity tests?
- Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Micro ATX Case.
- Intel Core i7 4790K Processor overclocked to up to 4.4GHz.
- Corsair H75 Liquid Cooler.
- Asus Z97M-Plus Motherboard.
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 2GB Graphics Card.
- 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 Memory.
- 120GB Samsung EVO 850 Series Solid State Drive.
- 2000GB SATA 7200rpm Hard Disk.
- Corsair CX600 Power supply.
- Onboard High Definition Audio.
- Windows 8.1 64-bit (or Windows 7 64-bit at no extra cost).
- 5 Year Warranty with 2 Years Collect and Return (can be upgraded to 3 years).