With the rise in popularity of live streaming, we thought we’d show you how to get up and running. New creators, gamers and more love the idea of starting their own streams but just don’t know where to start, and maybe you’ve never even seen broadcasting software before. We’re here to help so make sure to watch our beginners guide to PC streaming video!
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
What we are going to cover:
- A step by step guide on setting up a quality and stable stream.
- What you’ll need: Gaming PC/Webcam/Microphone.
- Explanation of Bitrate/Resolution/FPS and why these matter, with examples.
- How to use the broadcasting software OBS Studio.
- Which settings you should choose and be aware of.
- Explanation of encoders x264 and NVENC, plus the differences between them, with examples.
- How to add sources of your game-play, webcam, microphone and overlays.
- How to create different scenes for your stream.
Looking for new gear to start your live streaming journey? Check out some of our recommended products to get you up and running:
- Mid range gaming PC, from £849.95, capable of streaming, OCUK ENIGMA ESSENTIAL.
- High end gaming PC, from £1879.99, perfect for streaming, OCUK KATANA.
- Webcam capable of streaming 720p at 60fps, £99.95, RAZER KIYO.
- Dedicated streaming USB condenser microphone with digital mixing software, £129.95, Elgato WAVE:1.
- The perfect wireless headset to keep you in the game, £149.99, Corsair Virtuoso RGB.
KitGuru says: There are many more options available to enhance your stream, along with alerts, custom animations and so much more. We will be making another guide on how to stream console game-play correctly through your PC using the foundations we have built here, so stay tuned for that one!