From 15th October through to 5th November Apex Legends will include a Halloween themed event titled Fight or Fright. The event will include a limited-time game mode, exclusive challenges and special Halloween inspired cosmetics.
Apex Legends Fight or Fright Event will start on 15th October and will include an all-new limited-time event featuring the Kings Canyon map at night. Exclusive challenges where you can earn free loot, special Halloween Collection Event cosmetics and more will be available during the event.
In the limited-time mode, 35 players will descend on Kings canyon in the dark and fight till the death with a dark twist. Once you die, you will respawn as an undead version of your legend and join the powerful “shadow Squad”. Players in Shadow Squad will lose their weapons and legend abilities but will gain other special abilities including a brutal melee attack, along with having the ability to respawn unlimited times.
During the special event, players will be able to complete a variety of challenges to earn free exclusive skins, badges and music packs. Additionally, the Fight or Fright event will bring a set of 24 themed, limited-time cosmetic, with players given the choice of how they can obtain these. All 24 event-exclusive items will be available from day one of the Fight or Fright event.
Something wicked this way comes.
— Apex Legends (@PlayApex) October 7, 2019
Event currency will be removed from the Event Apex Packs and has been replaced with additional loot, which means players will get more total items in each event pack, with zero duplicates in these packs. To encourage players to get into the Halloween spooky theme, each Fight or Fright Collection Character skin will come with 2 themed quips.
A double XP weekend will also be included in the Fight or Fright event. From 25th to 28th October players will earn double XP for top 5 finishes and wins all weekend long. The double XP will affect both the Account level and Battle Pass progression.
Here is what to expect in the event and key event structure changes:
- Limited Time Mode Shadowfall – Featuring a nighttime version of Kings Canyon
- Exclusive event challenges with free earnable cosmetics, including Two Legendary Weapon Skins
- 24 Event Limited premium cosmetics that players can now unlock in one of three ways:
- Direct purchase for Apex Coins
- Direct unlock with Crafting Metals
- Random unlock with Event Apex Packs
- Additionally, the Event Currency in these packs has been replaced with non-event loot drops, yielding more loot overall
- Lifeline Heirloom Set Preview – Unlock all 24 Fight or Fright pack cosmetics during the event and unlock the Lifeline Heirloom set for free
- Double XP for Top 5 & Wins Weekend
KitGuru says: Who doesn’t love a spooky Halloween special event? well, obviously Apex Legends do. So let’s see how many of you guys will be jumping in for fight or fright?