While Call of Duty Ghosts has sold incredibly well, its launch has been anything pain free. There was the whole resolution-gate scandal on the next-gen systems, struggling to break contemporary resolutions at a decent frame rate and then there was the fact that reviewers felt the developers had just gone through the motions with a lot of it. It's the FIFA of FPS games, we all knew that already, but this year seems somewhat tired compared to the last few. Problems persisted on the PC release too, with the unnecessary 6GB RAM lock and the fact that 4K resolutions weren't supported. At least that latter problem should now be fixed though, as IW has released a patch that's purporting to clear it right up.
The patch notes are as follows:
- #CODeSports option added, providing further MLG support; Contains a Broadcast mode and the ability to enable the latest MLG ruleset in both online Private Matches and System Link.
- Nvidia SLI performance improvements.
- AMD performance improvements, reducing in-game hitching on cards with 1Gb RAM.
- CPU performance optimization for PC’s with less than 4 cores.
- Changed the less than 6Gb RAM minimum spec. fence from a blocking error to a warning screen.
- 4k display option added.
- Fixed a rare crash when quitting out of an MP match while calling in a squad mate with a riot shield equipped.
- Fixed a crash which occurred when renaming a loadout as the match was starting.
- Fixed a crash when the host of a Wargame match could crash if they are pulled out of the match while in a 5 player party.
- Fixed an MP Siege rare crash on load.
- Numerous other MP in-game stability fixes.
For a full list of other miscellaneous changes, check out the full patch notes here.
The RAM lock out issue was one of the bigger ones with Ghosts, which is why IW led with that in announcing the upcoming patch. Now it's live, most of the big issues seem to have been covered.
KitGuru Says: How are you guys liking the new patch so far? Has it sorted out any issues you were having?