The video game market has been pretty quiet this Summer, following a very busy Q1. Soon, the drought of new releases will be coming to an end, as October is shaping up to be the busiest month of the year.
This isn't a new phenomenon in the games market. A lot of publishers target a holiday season release date for new games. This year, there are 12 big releases to look out for in October, leaving just a handful of major releases for the November and December months.
For this October, we'll be seeing the following major releases:
- Overwatch 2 (Early Access) – October 4th.
- Marvel's Midnight Suns – October 7th.
- A Plague Tale: Requiem – October 18th.
- Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope – October 20th.
- Persona 5 Royal (multi-platform launch for Xbox, PC, Switch) – October 21st.
- Scorn – October 21st.
- Gotham Knights – October 25th.
- High On Life – October 25th.
- Star Ocean: The Divine Force – October 27th.
- Bayonetta 3 – October 28th.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – October 28th.
- Resident Evil Village: Winters' Expansion – October 28th.
If the line-up wasn't stacked enough already, we'll also be seeing titles like Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, God of War: Ragnarök and Skull & Bones in the first few weeks of November. Recent rumours also indicate that Ubisoft will be slotting a new Assassin's Creed game into the schedule at some point too.
Of course, all of this is barring any potential delays. There is a chance one or two games on this list slip into November or December to avoid the crowded schedule. Recently, Square Enix delayed Forspoken out of 2022, seemingly to avoid releasing in close proximity to God of War: Ragnarök.
KitGuru Says: With so many releases falling into a six-week period, many of us are going to have to prioritise certain games over others. What will you be picking up in October?