It looks like we can expect an announcement for Darksiders 3 very soon as details of the game and several in-game screenshots have leaked via Amazon. In the latest game in the series, you will play as Fury, who is described as the most unpredictable of the four horsemen.
The listings have since been removed but thanks to Gematsu, we have a good handle on which details were revealed. The game had a placeholder release date of the 31st of 2018, so the game may not see release for some time. Still, if retailers are already in the know, then an official announcement should be coming soon. Below you can find a gallery of the screenshots that appeared on Amazon.
Here is the list of new game features:
- Play as FURY – a mage who must rely on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth!
- Harness FURY’s magic to unleash her various forms – each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities.
- Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which FURY moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story.
- Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings.
- Darksiders signature art style – expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature.
The game will be developed and published by THQ Nordic and will be the third game in the Darksiders series. Each game stars one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, with the first two games focussing on War and Death. In Darksiders 3, you play as Fury and presumably at some point, there will be a fourth game starring Strife.
KitGuru Says: While I'm sure I have Darksiders 1 or 2 in my Steam library somewhere, I never took a deep dive into either game, though I've heard plenty of good things. Are many of you fans of the Darksiders series? Will you be playing the third game when it comes out?