Last week, Square Enix officially announced ‘Endwalker', the next expansion for Final Fantasy 14. Now, the development team's pre-expansion patch plans are beginning to come to light, with the first arriving in April.
Final Fantasy XIV Patch 5.5 is coming on the 13th of April, coinciding with the game's open beta on PlayStation 5. This update will be split into two parts, setting the world up for the events of Endwalker later this year.
The update is called ‘Death Unto Dawn', with part one featuring the third chapter of YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse, a Nier-inspired alliance raid. Other features of this patch include:
- New Main Scenario Quests – A two-part story paving the way for Endwalker.
- New Alliance Raid – The third chapter of the NieR-inspired YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse alliance raid series.
- “Sorrow of Werlyt” Questline Update – The conclusion of the Warrior of Light and Gaius’ quest to thwart the Empire's warmachina development project.
- New Trial: The Cloud Deck – Players can face off against the fearsome Diamond Weapon in this latest trial, which will be available in both Normal and Extreme difficulties.
- New Dungeon: Paglth’an.
- “Save the Queen” Questline Update – Alongside the addition of a new field area, “Zadnor,” players can further upgrade their Resistance Weapons to their final and most powerful stage.
- New Unreal Trial – The next powered-up version of an existing primal will be unleashed upon level 80 heroes, providing players with a new challenge and a chance to collect unique prizes.
- Crafter Updates.
- Ishgard Restoration Update.
- “Explorer Mode” Update – The Explorer Mode feature will be expanded to all Level 70 dungeons. Explorer Mode allows players to explore dungeons free from danger to capture striking and fun screenshots while enabling the use of mounts and minions. Players will also now be able to use performance actions while in dungeons, such as playing musical instruments.
- Performance Action Updates – Players will now be able to change instruments at any time while performing, and a new instrument will be added.
- Job Adjustments for PvE and PvP Actions, New Custom Deliveries, Ocean Fishing Update, New Mounts and more.
Currently, Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker is scheduled to release in Autumn 2021, featuring the finale of the Hydaelyn and Zodiark story that began in A Realm Reborn.
KitGuru Says: Are many of you still playing Final Fantasy XIV? Are you looking forward to the new expansion later this year?