Last week, I had the chance to take a good detailed look at the PC version of Rise of the Tomb Raider and while I came to the conclusion that it is an excellent game, some have had their issues. Fortunately, the team behind the PC version, Nixxes, has already issued a patch, aimed to improve performance and fix a few things up.
This patch will be applied automatically on both the Windows Store and Steam versions of the game. For starters, there was a big issue affecting some people where the game would instantly crash at the title screen- that should now be fixed. There are now independent mouse sensitivity controls for aim and normal navigation and there are options to disable mouse smoothing.
Other fixes included in the patch include:
- New graphics option ‘Specular Reflection Quality' to enhance resolution and reduce aliasing of specular reflections, at some performance cost.
- New graphics option to disable film-grain independently from ‘Screen Effects'.
- Improved HBAO+ quality, including better occlusion for distant objects.
- Improved NVIDIA SLI performance. (Steam only)
- Fixed SLI glitches during water/snow effects. (Steam only)
- Performance optimization for situations where Razer Chroma features are enabled. (Steam Only)
- Fixed major stuttering in Endurance mode.
- Fixed an issue that could rarely lead to an error on machines with 16 hardware threads or more.
You can find the full patch notes on the Steam Community post, HERE.
KitGuru Says: Rise of the Tomb Raider really is a fantastic game so it is well worth checking out, particularly if you enjoyed the 2013 reboot. Have any of you tried out Rise of the Tomb Raider yet? How is it running for you?